Paal ice is one of my favourite childhood popsicle and was in my to try list since last year. Last weekend made these popsicles for dessert and we all enjoyed it. This popsicles is very creamy and perfect treat for kids.
- Full fat milk - 2 cups plus 1/4 cup
- Cornflour - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Milk powder - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom (crushed with skin) / Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, bring 2 cups of milk to boil. Add sugar & cardamom powder and keep stirring till it reduces to 1 1/2 cups.
2. Meanwhile, mix together 1/4 cups of milk & cornflour without any lumps.
3. Pour the cornflour mixture into the boiling milk and keep stirring till the milk mixture become little thick. Switch off the flame and allow them to cool completely.
4. Pour the cooled milk mixture into the popsicle moulds and freeze them overnight.
5. Before serving, dip the mould in hot water for few seconds & gently remove the popsicle from the mould.