Chole masala chicken curry is my new try from Sanjeev Kapoor recipe. It taste really delicious with rice and rotis. Actual recipe calls for Pav Bhaji masala, instead I used Chole masala. Perfect recipe to try this weekend !!
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Onion - 8 medium
- Garlic cloves - 12 nos
- Green chillies - 4 no
- Ginger - 1 1/2 inch
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Chole masala - 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Tomato puree - 3/4 cup
- Cumin powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Fresh cream - 3 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute till tender. Grind together garlic, green chillies and ginger with a little water to a coarse paste and add.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces in salt, 1/2 tsp of chilly powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder and 1 tsp whole masala and mix well.
3. Add ground paste to the pan, mix well and saute. Add tomato puree and mix well.
4. Add remaining whole masala, remaining red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and remaining garam masala powder. Mix and cook.
5. Add marinated chicken and salt to taste. Cover and cook till done.
6. Finally, add cream to the chicken.
7. Garnish it with roasted cumin seeds and coriander leaves.
Serve with roti / rice.