Due to the nutritious benefits, I try to add carrots in my cooking frequently. Carrot kheer is so easy to make and taste delicious either warm or cold. By grinding the cashew nuts along with the carrot, makes this sweet rich & creamy. Perfect for babies from 8 month. I don't add chopped nuts, when I serve for my baby. Perfect party menu & both adults / kids will love this delicious kheer.
- Carrots - 2 medium sized
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 4 cups
- Cashew nuts - 10 nos
- Sugar - 1/2 to 3/4 cup (to taste)
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Saffron strands - 5 nos
- Condensed milk - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Nuts (Almonds, Cashewnuts, chironji) - 2 tbsp
1. Wash and peel the carrots skin off. Roughly chop them and cook them along with the cashew nuts in water until done. Allow them to cool completely and grind them to smooth puree / coarsely.
2. Heat ghee in the pan, add nuts and roast them. Keep aside.
3. In the same ghee, add the carrot puree along with milk. Bring it to boil, until the mixture reduces to half the quantity.
4. Add sugar, saffron strands, cardamom powder, roasted nuts and cook them until you get the desired consistency.
Addition of condensed milk ( 1 to 2 tbsp) will enhance the taste.
Serve them warm / cold.