Healthy, easy, delicious and nutritious chutney is best served with hot steamed rice...
- Chow chow peel - 1 cup (from 2 medium chayote)
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 2 no (to spice taste)
- A pinch of hing
- Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
1. Wash and clean the chayote peel and keep aside.
2. Add oil in the pan, add urad dal, red chillies, hing and roughly chopped chayote peel. Add required salt and cook over medium heat until done. Allow them to cool completely.
3. Grind together cooked chayote, tamarind pulp and coconut. Add little water if necessary.
4. Heat oil in the separate pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and red chillies. Allow them to splutter. Add them to the chutney and serve.