I always love fresh croutons on hot soup / vegetable biryani / Salads. Store bought croutons are usually too dry and flavourless. Homemade croutons is super simple and best way of using leftover bread slices and more than that its healthy & delicious with added flavours....
- 4 slices of bread diced into cubes
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Garlic powder (optional) - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder
- Dried herbs, optional - 1/2 tsp
1. Dice the bread slices into small cubes.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine together oil, pepper powder, garlic powder, dry herbs and salt to taste.
3. Mix the diced bread cubes and roast them over the frying pan till crunch & golden brown on either sides.
Serve on salad or soups or anything that suits you....