This strawberry and cream cake is so quick and easy to make. Store for up to three days in an airtight container. Freeze the cakes, undecorated, for up to two months.
For the cake :
- Self raising flour - 175 gms
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Margarine - 175 gms
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 1tsp
For the filling :
- White chocolate chips - 150 g
- Cream cheese - 1 cup (200 g)
- Icing sugar - 25 gms
- Strawberry jam - 2 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease & line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. Cream the sugar & margarine until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, milk & eggs one at time & beat till creamy.
4. Fold the flour mixture into wet ingredients & pour it in the prepared baking pan. Bake it for 20 mins or until done.
5. To make the filling and topping, melt the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Remove from the heat and cool slightly, then beat in the cream cheese and icing sugar.
6. Spread the top of one sponge with jam & then the filling. Spread the remaining topping over the cake.
Happy baking :)