Moist, intensely flavoured chocolate cakes are a favourite of mine and I'm always experimenting with different mixtures. I am really pleased with this one. Flavour of coffee when combined with chocolate makes it outstandingly good. These would make a delicious accompaniment topped with chocolate sauce.
- Strong coffee - 3/4 cup
- Butter - 60 gms
- Brown sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2 no
- All purpose flour - 200 gms
- Cocoa powder - 60 gms
- Baking soda - 1 1/4 tsp
- Yoghurt - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
1. Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper and lightly oil the sides.
2. Beat the softened butter, sugar and eggs together until thick and creamy. Add the cooled coffee, yoghurt and vanilla essence.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together. Add the liquid ingredients to the sifted dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared cake tin, smooth the top and bake in an oven preheated to 180 C for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
Serve it with chocolate sauce.