Chicken cutlet is my family favourite snack & starter, which taste great with tomato ketchup. I use shredded chicken or boneless chicken & fry them with masala and finally stuff them inside the potato and shallow fry them. I like to shape them little different which looks attractive & tempting as well.
- Shredded chicken (or boneless chicken) - 500 gms
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Lavang - 2 nos
- 1 Medium sized onion
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Corriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Egg - 1 no
- Potato - 7 nos
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Oil for frying
- Boil the potato. Add the salt and smash them without any lumps. Keep it aside.
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the pan, add cinnamon stick & cloves.
- Add finely chopped onion. Saute them till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt. Saute them for 4 mins.
- Add the shredded chicken ( use food processor to shred the boneless chicken) & cook them till tender.
- Finally add garam masala & finely chopped corriander leaves. Switch off the flame. Allow them to cool.
- Now, make a small ball of potato & stuff the chicken masala and seal them. Shape them ( as u desire)
- Dip the stuffed chicken ball in the egg & then in the bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry them in the oil till golden brown in either side.
Serve them with tomato ketchup.