Ridge gourd is a versatile vegetable where the peel and flesh can be used for making different dishes. This peerkangai curry is simple and quick. This is a great accomplishment for rotis.
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2 medium sized
- Ridge gourd - 2 nos
- Tomato - 1 no
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Peel the ridge gourd skin and cut them. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add finely chopped onions and saute till tender.
3. Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste. Saute.
4. Add chopped tomato, chilly powder, coriander powder and chopped ridge gourd. Cook them till done. It takes 10 mins on low-medium heat without covering the lid.
5. Add garam masala and cook for 2 mins. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with rotis.