This tiny looking vegetable called Ivy gourd in english is rich in protein & fibre. It taste good when served with hot rice, rasam & dal. Simple to make but taste great.
- Kovakkai - 500 gms
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp (ur spice ratio)
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water -1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
1. Finely slice the kovakkai & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds & urad dal.
3. Add finely chopped onion & turmeric powder. Saute for 4 mins.
4. Add finely chopped tomatoes & salt. Saute.
5. Add kovakkai , chilly powder, corrainder powder, water & salt. Cover and cook until done.
Serve warm with hot rice.