Murgh Musallam is one of the famous Mughal dishes, where chicken is cooked in a rich almond & yogurt based gravy. This is an incredible dish, rich in flavour and taste awesome.
- Chicken - 1 Kg
- Onion - 2 nos, sliced
- Garlic - 4 cloves, sliced
- Tomatoes - 2 large sized, pureed
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Almonds - 10 nos (soaked in water and make paste without skin)
- Oil - 3 tbsp
Dry roast :
- Pepper corns - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 1" inch stick
- Cloves - 4 nos
- Cardamom - 2 nos
Dry roast the ingredients.
For Marination :
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Green chilly paste - 1/2 tsp
- Yoghurt - 3/4 cup
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Marinate the chicken with all these ingredients for atleast 1/2 hr.
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in the pan, add onions and garlic. Cook them till done and grind them to smooth paste along with the dry roasted ingredients.
2. Heat oil in the same pan, add marinated chicken and cook them for few mins.
3. Add grounded masala, tomato puree, almond paste, red chilly powder and water. Cook them till done.
4. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve warm with rotis / rice / biryani.