- Green moong dal - 1 cup (soaked overnight)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cloves - 2 nos
- Cardamom - 1 no
- Bay leaf - 1
- Onion - 2 medium sized
- Tomato - 1 no
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp (to spice level)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boiled potatoes (optional) - 1 no
1. Soak the moong dal overnight & drain. Pressure cook the soaked dal & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves and onion. Sauté till tender.
3. Add finely chopped tomato, boiled potatoes (optional) & saute.
4. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder & salt to taste.
5. Finally, add the cooked beans & stir well. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rotis.