A dark brown top and bottom and creamy yellow sponge cake on sides gives beautiful contrast. This delicate cake is very moist, smooth, bouncy and has just enough sweetness with a vanilla flavour.
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Butter - 1/2 cup, at room temperature
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Few drops of yellow food color
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease and line up the baking pan with the parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Add the color and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Then add in the flour mixture and vanilla essence.
5. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake them for 15 - 20 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
Serve with tea.