Italian cuisine is famous for the spices & cheese. Pasta is the staple food & they r served with different sauces both veg & non-vegetarian. Penne arrabiata is most popular pasta with tomato & garlic as the main ingredients. This would be the best, simple & comfort dish for the weekend nights. We make this very often & it taste simply awesome !!!
- Penne pasta - 3 cups
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp
- 1 medium sized onion - diced
- Minced garlic - 1/4 tsp
- 1 oz canned tomatoes - drained & diced
- Chilly sauce - 1/4 tsp (as per ur taste)
- Italian spices - 1/2 tsp (Oregano, basil, parsley, theme)
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Lime juice - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions to cook :
- Cook the pasta in the salted water & according to the package instructions. Drain & set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in the pan, add onion & saute until it is softened.
- Add minced garlic & cook for a min stirring continously.
- Add tomatoes, chilly sauce, italian spices & all other ingredients. Stir & simmer the heat.
- Now toss the penne gently in the arrabiata sauce.
Serve them warm with grated parmesan cheese.