One of the most popular snacks available everywhere yet the taste differs wherever it is found. Variety of stuffings can be made with the homemade pastry or ready made stuff. Makes a great after school snack & great appetizer. Very easy to make & perfect snack with a cup of tea.
- All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Rava (Semolina) - 1 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Luke warm water
- Smashed potato - 2 nos
- Onion - 1 no
- Shahi jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Green peas - 1/4 cup
- Corrainder powder - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Dry mango powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 nos ( as per ur spice)
- Corriander leaves - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Direction to cook :
1. Heat oil in the pan, add shahi jeera & onion. Saute till tender.
2. Add green chillies, smashed potatoes, green peas, corriander powder, chilly powder & salt. Cook till done.
3. Finally, add garam masala, corriander leaves & dry mango powder.
4. Meanwhile, mix flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well into the centre and add the oil and enough water to make a firm dough. Knead the dough and roll into a ball. Set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough equally & roll it into a not too thin round. Divide these circle into two equal pieces. Brush each edge with a little water and form a cone shape around your fingers, sealing the edge.
6. Fill the cones with the potato mixture & seal the edges. Deep fry the samosas in hot oil until crisp and brown. Take out and drain on a paper towel.