Happy valentines day to all the readers & this cake is for my valentine :)
- Softened butter - 225 gms
- Castor sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 4 nos
- Self raising flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Strawberry jam - 1/4 cup
- Cream - 300 ml, whipped with icing sugar to taste
- Fresh strawberries ( finely chopped & for decoration)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Lightly grease two 20 cm baking tins and line the bases with the non-stick baking paper.
2. Combine the butter, sugar, eggs, sifted flour and baking powder. Beat well until well blended and thoroughly mixed to a creamy batter. Divide the mixture between the two cake tins.
3. Bake for 25-30 mins or until lightly browned and cooked through.
4. Cool in the tin for 10 mins. Turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
5. Fill with jam, cream & strawberries between the cake. Frost the cake around with the whipped cream & garnish it with strawberry rose.
Happy Valentines day :)