Kalakand is a popular sweet made out of solidified, sweetened milk called khoya and paneer. On contrary, this microwave recipe requires ricotta cheese and condensed milk as the main ingredients. Kalakand / Milk cake is a recipe that is simple and easy and yet has the look that you've probably slaved over the dish for hours. If you are looking for a hassle free and shortcut version of kalakand, this microwave recipe is perfect.
- Ricotta Cheese – 15 oz
- Condensed Milk – 14 oz
- Rose Water – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped almonds (I used cashew nuts this time) – 1/2 tbsp
1. In a microwave safe bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and condensed milk. There should be no lumps.
2. Cook in the microwave for 5 mins uncovered. Mix well and microwave it for further 3 mins.
3. Mix well and microwave for 5 mins, covered.
4. Mix well and microwave for another 6 mins(or until done), uncovered. Stirring occasionally.
5. Once done, add the cardamom powder, rose water and chopped almonds. Refrigerate it and cut into desired shape.