It doesn't have to be Halloween to enjoy Pumpkin Soup. It also goes well for other holidays such as Thanksgiving and just any time you want a good hardy soup; such as a cold evening by the fireplace. There are a lot of variations of Pumpkin Soup. This one focuses on having a nice flavoured & popular pumpkin soup straight from Caribbean.
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 Large onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 Lbs. fresh pumpkin or winter squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 Potato peeled and cubed
- 2 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 Pint vegetable stock
- ½ Pint heavy cream
Cooking Method :
- Saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add the spices and cook for a minute.
- Add pumpkin, potatoes and carrots along with the stock, then simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree with a stick blender, then add the cream and serve.
Garnish with mined parsley.