When it comes to enjoying Indian sweets, I find Milk Pedas absolutely irresistible. Peda is a cookie shaped North Indian sweet made from khoya (a milk product). Pedas can be made in different shapes, sizes and flavors. Very easy to make both tradionally or in microwave. My version is on stove top....
- Milk powder - 1½ Cup
- Heavy whipping cream - ½ cup
- Regular milk - ½ cup
- Confectioner's Sugar - 1½ Cups
- Cardamom seeds ground - 1 tsp
- Crushed Pistachio nuts & almonds - 2 tbsp
- In a heavy bottom pan mix ingredients 1 through 5.
- Heat it on a near boil 180º F. Cook for about 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Continuously stir to prevent scorching. It should look like a ball of dough consistency.
- Let it cool off so you can handle it. Now make about 1" diameter balls. Press down into patty shapes.
- Sprinkle pistachios and almonds. Press down. Let the dish cool and store in the refrigerator.