These crispy, spicy fritters are eaten as a snack rather than as an appetizer. This can be served with coffee or tea. These are generally made as small pieces and fried till crispy. Addition of agathi keerai makes this snack more healthy and nutricious to the kids. Perfect snack for kids school box :)
- Agathi keerai - 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Channa dal - 1/2 cup
- Raw rice - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 large sized
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder to spice
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying + 1 tbsp
1. Soak the channa dal & rice together for atleast one hour. Grind them coarsely.
2. Mix together the channa dal mixture, chopped agathi keerai, chopped onion, ginger paste, red chillypowder, turmeric powder, garam masala, fennel seeds, 1 tbsp hot oil and salt to taste.
3. Heat the oil in the medium heat & drop the batter in any shape. Fry until golden brown & crispy.