Happy Vijaya Dashami to all the readers. Rava ladoo most popular Indian sweet is made with semolina. More the quantity of ghee we add it taste extremely delicious. To make it rich I added cashewnuts, almonds & raisins. When stored in air tight container, it will stay for one week too. Perfect snack for kids & to celebrate the festival fun.
- Rava - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 to 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Milk or water - 1/2 cup
- Saffron strands - a pinch
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Nuts (cashew nuts, raisins) - 1/4 cup
- Ghee or oil (be generous) - 2 tbsp
1. Roast the rava in the ghee or cup till light golden brown in color.
2. Then add the sugar & roast for further 2 mins.
3. Meanwhile, roast the nuts and keep aside.
4. Now, add the grated coconut & fry for few mins.
5. Add the cardamom powder, saffron strands and roasted nuts. Combine.
6. Finally, add the milk & switch off the flame once well combined.
7. Make balls out of this mixture when it is still warm. More milk can be added if needed.
8. Cool the balls completely and store it in the air tight container.
Happy cooking :)