Are you new in baking? You don't have electricmixer? Are you a chocolate lover? Then here is the recipe which you need to try. Crispy top crust & moist texture with wonderful chocolate flavour along with a pecan crunch. All we need is just a bowl to melt the chocolate and butter and mix all other ingredients together using the wooden spoon. It taste wonderful with a scoop of vanilla icecream. The coffee lovers can replace the cocoa powder with coffee powder for different flavour. Good way to start the baking :)
- All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 1/4 cup (for bittersweet chocolate or 1 cup for semi-sweet chocolate)
- Bittersweet (or semi-sweet) chocolate - 150 gms
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Eggs- 3 nos
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Pecans - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Preheat the oven at 180 C and line up the baking pan with wax paper.
1. Sieve the flour & salt together. Keep aside.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together over a saucepan of simmering water.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the cooca powder and sugar.
4. Whisk in the vanilla essence & eggs one at a time.
5. Finally, stir in the sifted flour & chopped pecans. Bake it for 25 or 30 mins or until done.
Happy baking :)