Happy pongal to all the viewers !!! Pal kova is a classic Indian sweet, made during festival seasons. I love the addition of grated coconut at the end to make it rich & unique. Perfect dish for sweet lovers :)
- Whole milk - 2 litres
- Sugar - 2 cups (to taste)
- Coconut grated(Without skin) - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron strands - 2 nos
- Ghee - 1 tsp
1. Heat the milk in the heavy bottomed pan. Bring it to boil.
2. At this stage, reduce the heat & allow the milk to boil for atleast 2 hrs. Keep stirring it continously.
3. Once, it thickens add the sugar, coconut grated, cardamom powder, saffron strands & keep stirring.
4. When the consistency looks like, you can roll a ball in it add a tsp of ghee & switch off the flame.
5. Refrigerate it or serve it warm.