The sour cream and lime add a pleasing touch of acerbity to this cake.
- All purpose flour - 11/3 cups (200 gms)
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter, softened - 1/2 cup (125 gms)
- Sugar - 1 cup (200 gms)
- Finely grated lime zest - 1 tbsp
- Large eggs - 2 nos
- Sour cream - 1/3 cup (90ml)
Citrus Frosting :
- Butter, softened - 1/4 cup (60 gms)
- Finely grated lemon zest - 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar - 2 cups (300 gms)
- Freshly squeezed lime juice - 3 to 4 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease and flour a baking pan.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt together. Beat the butter, sugar and lime zest until creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and gradually beat in the mixed dry ingredients, alternating with the sour cream. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 45 mins or until done.
4. To prepare the frosting, beat the butter and lemon zest in a medium bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in the icing sugar and enough lime juice to make a spreadable frosting. Spread the top and sides of the cake with the frosting.
Happy baking :)