- Brinjal - 500 gms
- Coconut, grated - 1/4 cup
- Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
- Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 2 small sized
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 7 nos (to spice taste)
- Salt to taste
1. Fry together channa dal, onion, cinnamon stick, cloves, coriander powder & red chillies. Allow it to cool.
2. Grind the above mixture with coconut & tamarind pulp.
3. Heat oil in the pan, add the grounded mixture & salt to taste. Cook for 5 mins over the medium flame.
4. Cut the brinjal without detaching the stem. Now put the brinjals in the above mixture. Cover and cook till done.
Serve it with rice.