I love this. It is so easy to do. Whenever I run out of snack for kids I will just do this. This is yet another dish in which it is difficult to go wrong. Also you almost mix any nuts or dhal yet it will taste wonderful. It is good tea time or after school snack. It is good for rainy season too. It is definitely healthier one.
- Puffed Rice - 3 cups
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp (to spice taste)
- Salt to taste
- Desiccated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Garlic pods - 3 pods (optional)
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Peanut - 2 tbsp
- Cashewnuts - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies - 3 to 4 nos
- Roasted chana dal - 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves - 2 tbsp
1. Grind together chilly powder, salt & coconut together.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, roasted chana dal, curry leaves, red chillies, peanut, cashew nuts, galic pods, hing & then the grounded masala.
3. Add the puffed rice & stirring constantly, cook until it is slightly crisp and well coated with spices.
Serve hot and crisp.