- Sifted cake flour - 3 cups
- Baking powder - 31/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 3/4 cup (170 gm)
- Sugar - 11/3 cups
- Egg yolks - 6 large sized
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Nuts / Caraway seed - 1 tsp (optional)
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F. Grease and line up the baking pan with the parchment paper.
2. Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream the butter and gradually add sugar. Beat until soft and creamy.
4. Add egg yolks one at time & beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and nuts(optional).
5. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk. Begin and end with flour mixture.
6. Bake it for 25 mins or until done.
Serve it with tea.