Tempura is one of the popular Japanese dishes. Tempura is very good for parties, because of the tasty colourful looking, it is easy to pick and you can choose any sauce on individual taste. It's very easy to make crispy batter just from ingredients in your pantry.
- Prawns or vegetables
- All purpose flour - 1 cup plus 1/4 cup
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cold water - 1 cup
- Egg - 1
- Oil for frying
Prawn preparation :
1. Take off the head and shell, but keep the tail. Remove the sand vein.
2. Scrape the tail to stop the oil spitting when you fry it.
3. Half cut the abdomen side every 1 cm. Then push back side to abdomen side by fingers.
Tempura batter :
4. Mix together the 1 cup of flour, cornflour and salt to taste.
5. Mix together the egg and cold water.
6. Slowly mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
7. Take the prawn and toss it in the flour and then in the tempura mixture. Fry them till golden brown on either sides.
Serve them with your favourite sauces.