Mohanthal is an Indian dessert prepared in many special occasions. This is prepared by mixing together gram flour, ghee, nuts & sugar syrup in form of square burfis.
- Gram flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- 2 tbsp milk
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Nut meg powder - tsp
- Almond flakes
1. Prepare sugar syrup by boiling the water and sugar together till single thread consistency.
2. Mix and rub together the gram flour and 1/2 cup of ghee. Keep aside for 1/2 hr.
3. Take a wide pan, add 1/2 cup of ghee and gram flour. Roast until browned and leaves aroma.
4. Add sugar syrup in the flour mixture. Mix all well.
5. Grease the pan, pour the hot mixture. Tap the dish gently so that the mixture spreads everywhere evenly.
6. Allow the fudge to cool down. Garnish with almond. Cut them into squares and serve.