A moist and delicious semolina cake flavoured with a touch of vanilla extract and flavoured with tutti-frutti and nuts. It is not difficult to make and it is a delightful addition to any sweet table. Perfect cake for my birthday celebration....
- Roasted semolina - 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Tutti Frutti, cashew nuts & Raisins - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Butter, at room temperature - 1/3 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease and line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix the semolina with a cup of milk and let it soak for 10 mins.
3. Sieve & mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Mix together the dry ingredients into the soaked semolina and add more milk, if necessary.
5. Add butter, tutti-frutti, raisins, cashew nuts and vanilla extract.
6. Bake it for 30 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely.