Panna cotta is a well known Italian dessert, but it's also one of the easiest dessert to prepare. You heat the cream, sugar and vanilla, stir in the gelatine and refrigerate to set. This is one of those desserts that tastes extremely bland by itself. After all, it is a dessert of just cream and sugar. It needs an flavouring partner, normally, a compote made of berries or fruit puree like mangoes.
- Heavy whipping cream - 2 1/4 cups (540 ml)
- Cold milk - 1/4 cup ( 60 ml)
- Unflavoured powdered gelatine - 1 package (7 gms)
- Icing sugar - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
For Mango Gelee :
- Mango - 1, flesh pureed
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Powdered gelatin - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cold water - 2 tbsp
For Vanilla panna cotta :
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the cold milk and let the mixture stand for 10 mins.
2. Meanwhile combine the cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring it boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
3. Once the cream is very hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the gelatine mixture. Stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
4. Stir in the vanilla extract and pour the cream in the dessert cups and place in the refrigerator to set.
For the Mango gelee :
5. Add sugar to the mango pull and gently heat it for few mins until the sugar dissolves.
6. Sprinkle the gelatine over the cold milk and let the mixture stand for 10 mins.
7. Add the mango mixture to the gelatine mixture and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Pour the mango glee over the set Panna cotta and allow it set for another few hours or overnight.
Serve & Enjoy !!!