This simple and spicy pickle is packed full of fresh garlic & ginger chunks blended with tangy spice powder. Green chillies adds additional flavour and this is really a must for all garlic lovers.
- Garlic pods - 1 cup (peeled)
- Finely chopped ginger - 1/2 cup (peeled)
- Green chillies - 5 nos
- Oil - 1/3 cup
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder - 2 tbsp (or to taste)
- Mustard powder - 1/2 tsp ( Dry roasted & grounded)
- Fenugreek powder - 1/2 tsp ( Dry roasted & powdered)
1. Heat oil in the deep frying pan, add garlic and fry them until half cooked. Remove the garlic and set aside.
2. In the same oil, deep fry the ginger pieces and green chillies separately and keep aside along with the fried garlic. Switch off the flame.
3. When the oil is luke warm, add red chilly powder, salt, fried garlic, ginger, green chillies, mustard powder and fenugreek powder. Cover the pan and set aside for few hours.
4. Once the pickle is completely cooled, add vinegar and store it an air tight container.
1. I mixed both sunflower oil and gingely oil in equal proportion.
2. Don't add red chilly powder in hot oil.