My friend from Thailand, made this delicious chicken satay as a starter for the party she hosted last weekend. After tasting that, I became a great fan of this dish. Finally, I got the recipe from her & it turned out good. If u want little hot, can also add some chilly powder, which is optional.
The best way of serving the chicken satay is with the peanut sauce. It taste great..... Lovely starter.
For the chicken satay :
- Corriander seed - 1 tsp
- Cumin seed - 1 tsp
- Chopped ginger & garlic - 1 tbsp
- Chicken breast - 1 pound
- Fish sauce - 2 tbsp
- Curry powder - 1 tbsp
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Coconut milk - 10 tbsp
- Palm sugar - 4 tbsp
For the peanut sauce :
- Roasted peanuts - 150 gms
- Coconut milk - 3/4 cup
- Red curry paste - 1 tbsp
- Grated palm sugar - 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Directions to cook :
- Flat the chicken breast using the meat mallot or rolling pin & set aside.
- Dry roast the corriander seeds and cumin seeds. Grind them to a fine powder.
- Combine the grinded powder with the chopped ginger garlic, fish sauce, curry powder, turmeric powder, coconut milk and palm sugar.
- Marinate the flatten chicken breast with the above mixture overnight.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade & thread the chicken into the skewers.
- Heat oil in the frying pan ( or barbecue flatplate ) cook the chicken in either sides for 4 min.
Peanut sauce :
- Grind the roasted peanuts.
- Meanwhile, bring coconut milk to boil. Add the grinded peanuts, fish sauce, red curry paste, palm sugar & lime juice.
- Simmer the heat & cook for 3 to 4 min or until the sauce slightly thickens.
Serve the warm chickey satay with the peanut sauce & with ketchup (if u wish).