I like baking chocolate cakes. Even a little variation will make big difference in taste. Addition of sour cream is a secret ingredient for this wonderful cake. Pravin just loved this.
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 250 gm softened butter,
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dark rum
How to bake :
- Grease & line the base of the 23 cm baking pan. Keep aside.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Process the chocolate and half of the sugar in the food processoe until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Now, pour the boiling water & process until the chocolate has melted.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, cocoa and remaining sugar. Mix the melted chocolate to this.
- Combine the butter, sourcream and rum to the above mixture & blend together.
- Spoon the flour to the above mixture & fold them gently and carefully.
- Bake at 170 C for 75 min or until cooked through.
Cool and serve the cake.