Elephant's foot better known as karna kizhangu in tamil goes great with keerai kulambu. This is my family favourite side dish. This can be either shallow fried or deep fried. I prefer deep frying them, which is easy to make & taste good too.
- Yam - 1 kg
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind juice - 2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Peel off the skin of yam & slice them.
- Mix the sliced yam, chilly powder, turmeric powder, tamarind juice & salt together.
- Pressure cook them & cool them completely.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the frying pan & deep fry the cooked yam till golden brown in either side.
Serve them hot.