Today is my relaxing weekend. We received a call from pravin's colleague inviting us for the lunch today. I baked this simple & delicious almond cake with sugar glazing for them today. The cake was soft, moist & dense. Anytime I bake this cake, it will be perfect & satisfied. It is fantastic when it is warm & right out of the oven. Best to be served with the tea :)
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Butter - 150 gms
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Almond extract - 1 tsp
- Grounded almonds - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Almond flakes - 1/4 cup
- Icing sugar - 150 gms
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Warm water - 1 tsp
- Almond flakes for decorating
- Chocolate for decorating (optional)
1. Preheat the oven at 160 C. Prepare & grease the baking pan.
2. Sift the flour & baking powder.
3. Cream the butter & sugar. Add egg one at a time & beat till light.
4. Add almond extract & the flour mixture alternating the milk.
5. Finally, combine the grounded almonds & flakes.
6. Pour the cake batter in the greased pan & bake it for 40 mins or until done.
Sugar glazing :
7. Melt the butter & add warm water.
8. Sift the icing sugar & gradually add the melted butter mixture to it.
9. Drizzle the glazing all around the cake & sprinkle the chocolate & almond flakes immediately.
Serve with tea.