This is a wonderful dish, which brings together tomatoes, mozzarella & fresh basil. The result is incredibly fresh & flavourful dish. This is a quick & no cook vegetarian meal. Great for those days when you don't feel like cooking. Instead of mayonnaise, this can be seasoned with balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper for different taste. I like to refrigerate it before serving.
- 2 slices of Italian bread (or) sandwich bread
- Tomatoes, sliced - 2 nos
- 6 fresh Basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
1. Slice the bread in half. Spread the mayonnaise & then layer the tomatoes, basil & mozzarella cheese between the two halves of the bread.
2. Cut into four sandwiches & refrigerate.
Serve immediately or cool.