Sometimes we want to cook a quick & delicious meal. Bread upma is one such dish, very easy to make yet taste yum. This is another staple amma's recipe. This dish brings back memories of school, when amma would make this piping hot & I would love to have it any time. This dish is one best way, to convert the leftover breads to a perfect snack or mini meal. No side dishes required , it taste simply delicious.
- Bread slices - 5 nos (3 days old bread)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 2 nos
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Remove the bread crust & slice them into tiny pieces.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add cinnamon stick & cloves. Add chopped onions & saute.
3. Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder & salt to taste. Cover & cook.
4. Finally add the sliced bread pieces & combine. Cook for a min.
5. Garnish it with corriander leaves.