When it comes to sunday menu, I preferably cook something which goes both with rice for lunch & with rotis for dinner. Aloo kheema matar is most delicious curry prepared with minced meat & spicy masalas. Even capsicum can be added instead of matar (Green peas). Most exotic curry can be used as a stuffings for the sandwich too.
- Minced meat (mutton or beef) - 500 gms
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cardamom - 1 no
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 no
- Green chilly - 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green peas (Fresh / frozen) - 1/4 cup
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Tomatoes - 1 no
- Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Yoghurt - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in the pan, add cinnamon stick, cumin seeds & cardamom. Add finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste & green chillies. Saute till tender.
2. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, tomato, minced meat, yoghurt & salt to taste.
3. Add chopped potatoes & green peas. Cover & cook till done.
4. Finally, add garam masala powder & black pepper powder. Cook for 2 more mins.
5. Garnish it with finely chopped corriander leaves.
Serve with rotis or rice.