Vegetable sandwich is my most comfort & healthy breakfast menu. I prefer atleast once a week with little variation. Especially, with the left over mint chutney & some cooked vegetables in hand makes my breakfast very delicious. I like to add some cheese slices if served immediately. Rich, healthy & heavy dish would be perfect for kids snack box too.
- Bread slices ( I used Italian sandwich bread )
- Mint chutney for spreading
- Tomato ketchup
- Onion - thinly sliced
- Tomatoes - thinly sliced
- Boiled potatoes - sliced
- Semi- cooked capsicum - sliced
- Cucumber - sliced
- Cheese sliced (optional)
1. Cut the bread slices & spread the mint chutney in one slice and tomato ketchup in the another bread slice.
2. Now arrange the cooked vegetables & cheese slice between. Serve.
1. For preparing mint chutney :
Heat 1 tsp of oil in the pan, add 1 tsp of urad dal, 1 inch ginger piece, 2 red chillies, 1 cup mint leaves & 1/2 bunch corriander leaves. Grind them to fine paste adding salt to taste.
2. If serving immediately, I prefer not to toast the bread slices, otherwise the bread slices needs to be toasted.