Wish you all a happy & prosperous New Year. Starting this year with this sweet sooji halwa which taste unique & delicious. My mother makes this very often & use this as a stuffing for the boli as well. Either way it taste awesome :)
- Sooji / Rava / Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup (more or less depends on ur sweet tooth)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Nuts (cashewnuts, raisins, almonds) - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee / clarified butter - 2 tbsp
1. Dissolve the jaggery in 1/2 cup of water & filter it.
2. Heat ghee in the pan & roast the rava till light brown in color. Add jaggery water followed by milk. Simmer the heat & cook until you get the desired consistency.
3. Meanwhile roast the nuts in ghee & add it to the halwa along with the cardamom powder.