Wish you all a happy Valentine's Day :)
That was a wonderful day yesterday. As usual, pravin surprised me with bunches of roses & I made this delicious rice payasam as the day special. It was absolutely perfect for the occasion & tasted yum !!!!
- Basmati rice - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 4 cups
- Sugar to taste
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- A pinch of saffron strands
- Nuts (Cashewnuts, raisins, almonds) - 2 tbsp
- Roast the basmati rice in the ghee & grind them coarsely. Keep aside.
- Roast the nuts in the ghee till golden brown in color. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in the heavy bottomed pan & add coarsely grounded rice. Cook till the rice is cooked & milk has reduced to half the quantity.
- Finally, add the cardamom powder, saffron strands & roasted nuts.
Serve either warm or cold.