Last Wednesday, I decided to make full meals for the dinner. I made vegetarian dishes & when pravin returned back home he strongly denied to have the brinjal fry for sambar. Finally, after a long arguments I made this spicy prawn fry with all the spices I have. I cant believe it was too good & perfect for rice and rotis.
- Prawns - 500 gms
- Onion - 7 nos
- Tomato - 1 no
- Black pepper corn - 1 tbsp
- Red chillies - 3 nos
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 1 no
- Cardamom - 1 no
- Corriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 2 tbsp
- Ginger piece - 1/2 inch
- Garlic pods - 3 to 4 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - to spice taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Clean the prawns & keep aside.
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in the frying pan, add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, curry leaves (1tbsp), Red chillies, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, ginger piece, garlic pods, corriander seeds, black pepper corns, finely chopped tomatoes & onion (5 nos). Add salt & cook till done.
3. Allow it to cool & grind them coarsely.
4. Now, add 1/2 tbsp of oil in the pan. Add finely chopped onions (2 nos), curry leaves & saute till tender.
5. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder & grounded masala. Adjust salt at this stage. Cook till you get the required consistency.
6. Finally, add the prawns & cook till done.
7. Garnish it with corriander leaves.