Rich, creamy & delicious chicken gravy is the perfect side dish for chicken biryani, rotis & rice too. Potatoes are one among of the few vegetables goes great when cooked with any kind of non-veg varieties. Chicken & potatoes are cooked together in the spicy coconut masala and seasoned with classic indian spices. Good weekend menu :)
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Cloves - 2 nos
- Onion - 1 large sized
- Potatoes - 2 nos
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder to spice
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
For the paste :
Grind the below ingredients to smooth paste.
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Black pepper corns - 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts - 1 tbsp
- Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
1. Cut the potatoes & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon stick & cloves.
3. Add finely chopped onions & saute till tender. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder & potatoes. Saute.
4. Add chilly powder, chicken pieces & saute.
5. Add the grounded masala & salt to taste. Cook till done.
Garnish it with corriander leaves & serve.