Best dairy free chocolate cake which turns out to be the best all the time. This rich and creamy frosting makes this cake more delicious. Merry christmas to all my readers.
- All purpose flour - 3 cups
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder - 2/3 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Chilled water - 2 cups
- Vegetable oil - 2/3 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
For frosting :
- Unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped - 120 gms
- Unsalted butter - 2/3 cup
- Icing sugar - 1 1/3 cups
- Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp
- Toasted almonds for surrounding the cake
- Golden & pearl sugar balls for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Lightly grease and flour the cake tin.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40 to 45 mins.
For the frosting :
4. Melt the chocolate & allow it to cool completely.
5. Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar & vanilla extract.
6. Add the melted chocolate and mix slowly until incorporated.
7. Cut the cake horizontally and spread the frosting & finally over the cake.
8. Now decorate the cake with toasted almonds in the side & on the top.
Happy baking :)