Happy Birthday Visisht :)
- All purpose flour - 11/3 cups (200gms)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/2 cup (75 gms)
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup (125 gms)
- Brown sugar - 1 cup (200 gms)
- Instant coffee granules - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2 nos
- Milk - 3/4 cup (185 ml)
Whipped cream frosting :
- Whipping cream - 400 ml
- Icing sugar - 5 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
1. Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
2. Beat the sugar & butter until creamy. Beat in the coffee granules and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition.
3. With mixer on low, beat in the mixed dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F & grease the baking pan with parchment paper. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 mins.
5. Whip together the cream, icing sugar & vanilla extract. Spread over the top and sides of the cake & decorate accordingly.
*I covered the cake with the fondant & the whipping cream frosting*
Happy baking !!!