- All purpose flour - 1 cup (150 g)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/2 cup (75 g)
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 3/4 cup (180 g)
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups (300 g)
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Crushed canned pineapple, drained - 1 cup (200 g)
- Walnuts, chopped - 1/4 cup (60 g)
- Whipped cream frosting for frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Lightly grease and flour a baking pan.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
3. Add the eggs one a time, beating until just blended. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients. Stir in the pineapple and walnuts by hand. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 35 - 45 mins. Cool the cake completely and decorate it with the whipped cream frosting.
Happy baking :)