Ridge gourd chutney is simple & easy to make. It taste great with plain rice, curd rice or with rotis too. This thogayal is really healthy & it is made without coconut.
- Ridge gourd - 1 big sized
- Red chillies -3 to 4 nos (to spice taste)
- Tamarind - 1 tsp
- Salt to tase
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- A pinch of hing
- Oil - 1 tsp
1. Peel the ridge gourd skin off. Cut the skin into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add urad dal & red chillies.
3. Add the ridge gourd skin, hing, tamarind & salt to taste. Cook them till done.
4. Grind the ridge gourd skin to a fine paste.
Serve with rice.