- All purpose flour - 21/2 cups
- Baking powder - 21/2 tsp
- Ground ginger - 1 tsp
- Ground nutmeg - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 cup
- Brown sugar - 11/4 cups
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Grated carrots - 2 cups (250 g)
- Coarsely chopped hazelnuts - 1 cup
- Sunflower seeds - 2 tbsp
- Fondant for covering & decorating the cake
Orange frosting :
- Cream cheese - 3 ounce
- Butter, softened - 2 tbsp
- Grated orange zest - 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar - 2 cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease & line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Beat the oil, brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl until smooth.
4. Beat in the carrots, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds & the dry ingredients. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan & bake for 70-80 mins or until done. Cool the cake completely.
5. To prepare the frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter and orange zest in a medium bowl until fluffy. Beat in the icing sugar. Spread the cake with the frosting. And cover the cake with the fondant & serve.
Happy baking :)