Wish all my readers a Happy & safe Diwali
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - Little more than 1/4 cup
- Egg - 1 no
- Carom seeds (Cake seed) - 1 tsp
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Water, as desired
- Oil for frying
1. Mix together the rice flour, maida, baking powder,salt, sugar, egg, coconut milk & carom seeds. Batter should resemble to dosa or pancake batter. Add water if required, depending upon the batter consistency.
2. Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan & put the mould in the oil while heating. Now dip the hot mould in the batter & fry it in the oil.
3. Achappam begins to leave from the mould once it starts cooking (use skewer to detach the achappam, if required). Cook until its crisp & slightly brown in color.
Store it in the air tight container.